The Government have announced the following changes to the National Minimum/Living Wage rates. The National Living Wage (NLW) rate for workers aged 25 and over currently stands at £8.72 an hour and in April 2021 will increase to £8.91, an increase of 2.2%. The eligible age limit for the National Living Wage will also be lowered from 25 to 23 and over from April 2021.
From 1st April 2021 the following changes apply to the UK National Minimum Wage:
- 23 and over (National Living Wage) £8.91 per hour
- 21 to 22 - £8.36 per hour
- 18 to 20 - £6.56 per hour
- Under 18 - £4.62 per hour
- Apprentice - £4.30 per hour